I was really surprised to find out that I had been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger award by Avani over at READS,RHYTHMS AND RUMINATIONS. It is seriously an awesome blog! Go check it out 😛! I don’t even need the ‘rules’ to say thank you, since I genuinely appreciate the nomination. That was the second nomination in a single month and it made a hard day amazing, so THANK YOU! Avani, your questions were tough and took some time to answer, but I got it done! So curious about her questions? Read them below along with my answers.
– Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
– Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
The Questions and my Answers:
1. How long have you been blogging and how is the experience so far?
This November I have been blogging for one year already. It has been up and down with busy times and times where I’m sitting at my pc crying and trying to figure out what to write or how to say what I am thinking effectively. However it has brought so many amazing experiences my way and I have met so many great people and fellow bloggers that I would not change a single thing.
2. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
The community is by far one of the best aspects of blogging. I never realised how much the bloggers look to one another and support one another. Do you see those likes and comments down below on posts? Those people are everywhere supporting many other bloggers like themselves and in turn receiving support. The community is the life and blood of my blog. Plus I really like writing down my thoughts and experiences and reading others in return.
3. What are your favorite things in life? (There can be many)
There are way too many to write down here, unless you have hours and hours to spare? No, well then I’ll try to keep this brief then. The people in my life are amazing, I know they are not ‘things‘ but it is because of others that I developed a passion for writing, reading, watching anime (hehe) and so much more. It is also through them that I get to explore various aspects of my own personality and discover where I excel and where I should leave it to the professionals.
4. Which food do you loathe and why?
There isn’t really a specific food that I loathe per say, however I am completely obsessed with food texture. For example, do not mix gooey with creamy like Jelly and Custard. That combination is enough to make me sick , I honestly can not cope with that, yes seriously. There are also various combos where I look and think WTF but others see as completely normal. I will eat them separately but together? Nope, ain’t gonna happen.
5. Who is your favorite character from a book/anime/movie/TV series ?
This has really put me on the spot as I can give you a favourite character from every book, anime, movie or series I have ever taken note of. Yes seriously every one there are characters that capture my heart for one reason or another. To put this into perspective I read at least 1 book every week, watch anime basically everyday and movies and series are what the boyfriend and I do to bond without killing each other. That is a lot of characters to sift through, too many. Those who have been around my blog for a while know how hard this one is for me to answer. Now with all that said, Ima pretend that this question didn’t happen for my peace of mind.
6. Cats or dogs?
I am a cat person through and through. I am owned by my two precious cats at home and I love it. I adore that they leave you alone mostly since they are self sufficient and don’t cling to you. When they want your attention you’ll know it and you don’t have to ‘potty train’ a cat. They instinctively know not to do their buisness on the carpet…However I do love dogs, although I only really consider a dog, an actual dog if it is higher than my knees. Otherwise I see it as a yapper.
7. What is your dream destination? (Can be fictional)
Can I just say the world? There are so many things that I want to see that one destination just won’t tick all the boxes. I want to see the cherry blossoms in full bloom in Japan. I would like to see the Northern lights, experience the Disney Lands and Worlds. I would love to tour the animation studios of the world. I want to go scuba diving and hiking and camping, plus I would like stay in hotels of various qualities and the list goes on and on. Yea my purse is crying but my camera and I are happy.
8. Which language do you like the most?
English, I am an English baby, I have English blood, the business language of the world is English. So yea I am in love with my home language, there are so many expressions, words and so much to explore, although my boyfriend does call English the ‘Broken language’. That is purely because he is Afrikaans and their sentence structure is completely different and I keep teasing him when he says something like “He threw me with the eraser” and I correct him saying “He threw the eraser at you. He did not pick both you and the eraser up and throw you.” I know I am mean but he gets me back, don’t worry. However I would like to learn more languages.
9. Which is the longest book/anime/TV series you’ve read/watched and how long is it?
I honestly have no idea. I have read so many series, watched so much anime and watched way too many TV series to be considered healthy for you. I swear it has warped my way of thinking 😛
10. Which is your all time favorite/ evergreen song to listen to?
Why do people keep asking for favourites? The word favourite really scares me, I have serious commitment issues and it puzzles me how people can commit so easily and readily to just one thing. Excuse me while I quickly search who/what Evergreen is…Don’t judge, I sing and know lines in songs, not the names of the song or who sings it or even genre. Yea even after searching I am not sure. Although at the moment I am enjoying Heathens (Twenty One Pilots), Air Guitar (Mc Busted), Break my Stride (Matthew Wilder) and Blame it on Me (George Ezre). Those four are my get up and go songs at the moment. I don’t wanna say how long it took me to get all that info!
*PS a lot of interesting stuff pops up if you search ‘evergreen songs‘ also the links go to the Youtube Lyric videos for those songs!
11. Your favorite fairytale?
Ah the F word again! Hmm, I’m going to narrow the selection here and make it a lot easier for me to answer. I’m picking from Disney movies and thus it brings me to Beauty and the Beast and Hercules. A weird combination I know, but yea those two have always stood out for me and I have been watching Disney movies before I could even walk, no exaggeration. That’s probably where my love of animation comes from and thus, my obsession with anime.
- Sleeping Geeks Here it is a group of bloggers so I nominate everyone!
- The Otaku Judge
- The Otaku-Don
- Little Anime Blog Once again it is a combo of bloggers, I would like to hear from the regular writers!
- 100 Word Anime
- Anime Girls NYC
- Kazemaru Anime Review
- What got you interested in blogging?
- What do you wish people knew about you without you having to tell people?
- What first got you interested in anime and or manga?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- Do you plan or wing your blog posts?
- If you could save three things from a fire in your home, what would they be? Ps size, weight and quantity don’t matter.
- Do you have any anime merch? (this includes manga) If yes, what was the very first thing you bought?
- How open are you in the real world about your feelings towards anime?
- Have you ever cosplayed or wanted to? If yes, what character and why that character?
- If you knew money was not an issue, what is the one thing that you would do for yourself?
- What is your favourite post that you have written on your blog and what is the most popular post on your blog?
If you have already been nominated for this award, you rock and this just proves it!
Then to my dearest followers and readers, even if I didn’t nominate you I am really interested in learning more about you. If you feel like it, would you like to leave an answer or two to the above questions in the comments below? I am honestly interested!