I am rather excited for GeekFest especially since I have never been to it before and am not really sure what to expect. This will be their 6th annual GeekFest and will be held in Johannesburg.
~What they say~
What You Can See:
- Robo Wars (with amazing prizes to be won)
- LARP (live action role-playing) Displays by The Dahogrian Empire
- Medieval Combat displays
- Massive Geek Themed Market
- …and so much more
What You Can Do:
- Chill in our huge gaming tent or in the craft beer garden
- Participate in all manner of board games
- Test your brainpower with the Geek Quiz
- Dress up and enter the cosplay competitions
- ….and this is only the beginning!
Take a break after browsing our stalls and kick back in the chill zone. Craft beer, refreshments and an assortment of awesome food will be available.
~What they told me~
There shall be over 100 unique market stalls that shall be selling geeky items. You shall be able to try live action role-play and take some pics with guys in real armour! Plus there will be a RoboWars challenge, what! Will without a doubt be my first time seeing that. I am looking forward to the cosplay competitions that they are going to be hosting. I really am a sucker for cosplay.
There will also be a craft beer garden and a great kids play area.
- When: 19 (Saturday) and 20 (Sunday) May
- Where: MonteCasino
- R120 Saturday (R150 at door)
- R120 Sunday (R150 at door)
- R200 for a weekend pass
- 10am – late
- 10am – 5pm
Wanna learn more? Check out their website here www.geekfest.co.za or their Facebook page. Otherwise, you can grab your tickets from Ticketpro here or get a full weekend pass over here! This has just hyped me up and has really picked up my mood. I am really excited and can’t wait for GeekFest. Plus, I will hopefully be able to meet a couple familiar faces and new friends and hopefully meet some new ones.
Only 16 days to go!
Will I be seeing you there?