The below exercise is meant to strengthen your core with four simple moves. This was supposed to go up yesterday but I only saw this morning that it had not. Turned out I picked the wrong thursday when I scheduled it. So now I am pushing the schedule back by a day!
FOCUS: The Core
So what exactly is considered as your core? Your core consists of your abdomin and lower back. So this exercises main focus is to torch that stubborn belly fat and build some muscle in your lower back and abdomen. Strengthening your core is important as strong abdominal and back muscles are needed for doing everyday tasks.
Knee Fold Tuck
- Sit tall, hands on floor, knees bent, squeezing a playground ball between them.
- Lift knees so shins are about parallel to the floor; extend arms.
- Pull knees toward shoulders, keeping upper body still. Bring knees back to starting position.
- Sit with legs extended, feet turned out in a V position, toes pointed.
- Contract core muscles and roll spine into a C-curve.
- Lift arms and move them as if you were climbing a rope.
- Twist slightly with each reach.
Reps: Do 20 reaches with each arm.
Side Balance Crunch
- Begin with left knee and left hand on the floor, right arm straight up.
- Extend right leg so your body forms a straight line.
- Pull right knee toward torso and right elbow toward knee.
- Straighten arm and leg.
Reps 20 (10 on each side)
- Start in a straight arm plank position while pulling your stomach tight.
- Pull the right knee in and circle it clockwise, then counter clockwise.
- While doing that keep the rest of your body stationary.
Reps: 10 (5 each leg)
As usual here are a few photo suggestions:
- A Naruto Pose
- A selfie in your exercise clothes
- A photo doing one of the moves
- A before and/after pic of your extercise!
Remember to tag me @allanimemag on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram or share it on the google+ page in the Otaku Moves section! Or you could use our unique #OtakuMoves! You can also see my photos on any of my socials! I will be sure to post them!